Sunday 3 February 2013

The 'Giza' approach

What do Pyramids have to do with Migraines I hear you ask.... well probably not much if you are thinking of mystical Egyptian Princes with cat fetishes exerting influence over your head. I believe however, that there is a key link between achieving great improvements in your head health and the construction of a pyramid.
I have tried lots of tricky, technical and 'far out' things to try and get rid of migraines from my life. I have had my brain scanned, tried acupuncture (with some success), under tongue sprays, myriad preventative medications (with side affects from weight gain to night terrors), cranial sacral therapy, used chiropractors, physiotherapists and naturopaths.  Surprisingly enough after all this effort... I STILL get Migraines. Weird huh?

Looking back at this list, it is clear to me that I have been concentrating many of my efforts towards to top of the pyramid of migraine health. Perhaps it is time to start from the base.

Medical 
Intervention
Medecines
Mental Health
Physical Health
Basic: Sleep and Food

Now, to be clear, I am in no way a medical expert, and these are merely the ideas of a migraineur who has long thought about this issue.  This pyramid order approach is how I choose to crack on in the mean time, but I assume it will not suit everyone's situation. 

OK, all disclaimers aside, I am excited to have a reason to look hard at my diet and sleep. I am hoping improvements in diet will equal improvements in sleep as well.

From tomorrow I am going to have a look at the 'Paleo diet'. I don't know if the hype, expectations and reality will align, but I will take one for the team and give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment