It is sooo interesting, who would have thought looking backwards through time would seem to hold so many of the answers to moving forward?
As they say, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing, and with just a day's worth of information I am fired up to change EVERYTHING!
As they also say, 'Whoa there Tiger, one thing at a time!'
Luckily I decided yesterday to make food my starting point for making the change, so here is a quick overview of what I have discovered about the diet.
1) Lots of things I love to eat... are off the menu! Sigh. A basic list of things to avoid/ exclude is shown below:
- Grains (including wheat, oats, corn, barley etc)
- Refined sugar (uh oh, I am addicted to this one)
- Processed foods
- Refined vegetable oils
2) Some things I love to eat..... are still on the menu:
- Grass fed meat
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Some oils including coconut, macadamia, olive and avocado.
Hmmm, as you have read this is quite the overhaul from the usual western diet. Certainly from my usual diet. But I am determined to break through my long held belief ('I won't be able to stick to that!) and give it a red hot go.
I will let you know my first shopping list and menu on Thursday, until then I have a lot of naughty foods in my cupboard to eat my way through (waste not want not!):)
PS: Here are some links I used to get some of the dietary information over and above 'It starts with food'